Thursday, January 23, 2014

Airports and Airplanes!

Whew! We are back from our trip back to Colorado (more on that later). For now, I wanted to post about traveling with a little one. I must say, I am very fortunate to have such a well-behaved kiddo to travel with.


With that said, is any kid really easy to travel with? Alone? Pregnant? HA! The answer is no, but I am still extremely thankful for Kyler's laid back attitude in the airport and on the plane. The whole experience could have been so much harder- just ask the lady seated at the back of the plane on our way back to Iowa (her baby screamed from Denver to Des Moines)!



Kyler fell asleep almost immediately when the plane started moving on our way out to Colorado. She woke up about half way through the flight and made friends with people in all of the surrounding rows. Seriously, she played peek-a-boo with a younger girl who sat diagonally from us, was tickled by the woman behind us and told an entire babbling story to the woman next to us. I am extremely grateful for these strangers. They helped me focus on not vomiting as we landed in Denver- always a bumpy ride!

 When we got to Denver this pregnant mommy had to go potty! This turned out to be the worst idea I have ever had. Apparently, 20 toilets flushing randomly is the scariest sound on the planet. Kyler lost her shit! COMPLETELY!! I had to carry her through the airport, while pushing her stroller. Then, to search for our over-sized luggage! Why can't I have a beer again? Oh... right... My second child!



Ky did really well on the way home. I kept thinking she was talking too loud and jumping around too much, but I got so many compliments on how great she was! That makes a mommy feel good! She fell asleep for the last 20 minutes of the flight- cuddling with her baby sister in Mama's belly!



To the man next to us: I am sorry that my daughter kept grabbing you while you pretended to sleep. Apparently your bright green sweater was very pleasing to her eyes... and her hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment