Friday, January 24, 2014

Back in the CO!!

Our trip to Colorado was a whirlwind. We had 2 parties to coordinate, a tiny little baby to visit, friends and family to see and not enough time to do it all! 

The purpose of our trip was to celebrate baby Landon. We had no idea when we planned our trip that we would actually get to meet the little man! He is tiny, but much bigger than you'd expect a baby born at 32 weeks to be. He is completely off oxygen or anything to assist him in his breathing. He is even starting to eat from bottle/breast. This little dude is a total badass! Pretty sure he has some rockstar genetics. Just sayin'!



We had Alli's baby shower on Saturday. We had a great time, and our friends got her lots of great baby essentials! She was so excited to go home and start putting it all together. I can't even imagine how good it feels to get everything ready for her baby who is already here! I would be in panic mode!


Doesn't she look great? Seriously, she had a baby a week ago. I only kind of wanted to tell her to leave.


During our trip back we also got to indulge in some COLORADO food! One of the hardest parts about being in Iowa has been lack of good Mexican food. I eat green chile like most people eat ketchup. I could put it on everything! Within 24 hours of arriving in Denver you can bet I will be scarfing Mexican food like I haven't been fed in 3 weeks!

Huevos Rancheros! If you don't know what that is, our friendship is over!
While I was in town my mom also made her homemade Chinese food! Ahhhhhh it's so good! Fried rice and eggrolls! Usually rolling eggrolls is my job, but my daughter got really grouchy right when it was time to roll them! HA! Totally got out of that one! Thanks Ky!

Kyler had her first trip to Monkey Bizness while in Colorado! We met my friends, Kallie and Nicole, and their daughters. Kyler absolutely loved it! I am so bummed we don't have one in Des Moines!




 We also spent much needed time with family! I really wish we lived closer! =(

Papa Don

Aunt Erica and Uncle Donny

Rooting for the Broncos with Papa!!

Bedtime stories with Grandma!

Look at those 2 beautiful ladies!
Denver in a nutshell: blue skies, gorgeous view, lots of traffic!



Spring? Is that you?

It's always hard to leave Colorado! Seriously, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. And it is filled with some of the best people on earth! We hated to leave, but we were so happy to get home to a certain handsome gentleman that one of us calls daddy (even though Zach thinks we both should).


No comments:

Post a Comment