Sunday, December 29, 2013

Eggz Baby #2!!

Kyler is Going to be a Big Sister

 Well, sort of... She is going to have a younger sibling, but the word "big" seems silly, as I am referring to a 7 month old!

Around mid October I started feeling pretty tired and icky. I kept thinking, "Man, I should take a pregnancy test- just in case". I put it off for about a week, and finally remembered to grab one at the store. That night, I took the test after laying Kyler down for a nap, and got the shock of a lifetime! Kyler was planned. VERY planned. It is kind of fun to have one catch you off guard, but it took some getting used to. 

There was no mistaking those positives. And yes, I made my husband go buy 2 more tests on his way home that night!

16 week belly! And some pureed carrots to add some serious hottness!

Kyler is now 7 months old and on the move! She started crawling the day before her 7 month birthday. She had been working on it for over a month. She had totally mastered going back and sideways, but going forward has proved to be much more productive for this little busy body. She went straight from crawling to pulling up on things. Needless to say, this poor little pooper has smashed her face into just about everything in the living room. I guess it is all part of learning.



We are thinking about introducing more solids to Ky's diet, but I am terrified. I have given her chunks of avocado, but that is it so far. I think I might attempt some soft fruits and maybe those little baby snacks that dissolve  soon. Bah! I am so nervous that she will choke! 

Kyler loves: 
Avocado (chunks and pureed), peaches (they are out of season and I am so sad), pears, carrots, books, her puppies, mommy and daddy, Mickey Mouse, WATER (seriously, the kid is addicted to her sippy cup and all we put in it is water. She even drinks it out of our big person cups), peek-a-boo, our phones and computer, bath time and crawling. 

Kyler does NOT love:
Bananas, peas, mango, apple, fruit juice of any kind, socks and shoes, hats, let's just say clothes in general, naps, sitting still or being confined in anyway. 

There is so much going on in our lives everyday. I am so excited for what 2014 has in store for us and our babies (can't believe that is plural).

No comments:

Post a Comment