Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kyler's Nursery!

I had so much fun decorating Kyler's nursery while I was pregnant! I actually became obsessed with it, as it was my only form of entertainment (aside from my DVR).

Before we even knew what we were having I knew exactly what I wanted for a little girl's nursery. I wanted it to be Shabby Chic with lots of old pieces from our families. 
I saw something like this on ETSY (LOVE that website), but it was $109. If I ordered something like this for $109 my husband would have a conniption! So I took a huge leap into crafting. Came out pretty good, if I may say so! Frame (Hobby Lobby)- $20, Fabric (Hobby Lobby)- $8, Letter K (Michael's)- $6, Saving a crap ton of money- PRICELESS!!! BAM!



This old quilt was actually a huge piece of my inspiration for the room. I chose the colors for the nursery to match this quilt. This was my mom's quilt when she was little, and it was redone for me when I was little, and now for Kyler. My Grandma says I have to fix it up next time, so we will try and take really good care of it! Hehe

These adorable ruffle curtains were from Target! So was the ruffle quilt!

This was my great grandma's picnic basket, which has been passed down to my grandma, and then to my mom, and then to me. My mom gave it to me for my bridal shower. It's much older than I am, and in amazing shape- perfect blanket holder!
This cute little cross was given to Kyler by my mom's best friend (my Aunt Lisa).

This wall has lots of special pieces on it. The baby doll (Cindy)l was mine when I was little, and I carried her everywhere. The old baby shoes were worn by my mom and aunts. The Iowa pig was given to me by Zach at the airport when I went to visit him before he moved to Colorado. The Building blocks are just some old blocks my grandma had. The stuffed dog is Zach's "Bobo"- his little friend who went everywhere with him until kindergarten. The picture is just something I saw online. It is a picture of a little girl with a dog, and it reads, "Anyone who says diamonds are a girl's bestfriend never owned a dog". These shelves were white, but I painted them using acrylic paint I bought at Hobby Lobby ($1 per color).




This old rocker used to be in my Great Grandparents' cabin in Fraser, CO. My mom recovered it for me. The pillow is made from the same material as the quilt and some old fabric from curtains my grandma made for my mom's room when she was little. Thank goodness my Granmda and mom save all these old things! HAHA The quilt on the back of the chair was made by a good friend of mine! 

This awesome table was actually my mother-in-laws. She bought it at Hobby Lobby, but wasn't using it. She told me I could use it for the nursery if I wanted and it worked out perfectly! YAY!

This is my mom's baptism certificate and dress.

I found this old lingerie dresser on Craig's list. The woman who sold it to me redoes old furniture. It was $70, so kinda pricey for our budget, but totally worth it! The night stand is an antique that I stole from my mom. WHOOPS!

That white teddy bear sure has been loved on. He only has one eye!


The collage was one of my favorite things to put together! There are pictures of Zach and I when we were babies, Zach's mom when she was a baby, my grandma and great grandma, our dogs, etc. It was so fun! I painted most of these frames using acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby ($1 per color). I used crackle finish on some of them to make them look older and more "shabby chic".

This is a necklace that was my mom's when she was a baby. I framed it with some cute fabric behind it.


When we moved to Iowa we had to pack up all of the nursery, and it was really hard knowing that we weren't going to be unpacking most of those boxes when we got to Des Moines. Zach's dad was gracious enough to give up half of his office for Kyler's crib, changing table and dresser. We also put the rocker in there. It's perfect for right now! I am still really excited to find our own place and put all of this cuteness back together!

Here is a picture of tiny Kyler sleeping in her crib before we moved! We also took newborn pictures in there, but I will save that for another post!


Sneaking in some cuddles before we moved!
Wowzers that was a lot of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment