Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogging Slacker

I had really high hopes for my blogging life... Sadly, this has not been reality! 

Since my last blog I have given birth, moved to Iowa, visited Colorado twice, watched a tiny baby turn into a roley poley chunkeroo AND survived my first summer in the sticky, sweaty mess that is an Iowa summer. Scratch that last one- it is September 10th, 99 degrees outside, and I might die! 


First, let's talk about birth! I'm going to be honest here... I would rather give birth once a month than be pregnant for 9. Birth was hard, but exciting and I was so proud of what I had created! Either way, here is a picture of our gorgeous little pumpkin... 



Kyler Janette Eggleston
Born May 21, 2013 at 2:09 pm
6 lb 14 oz and 19.25" of PERFECTION!



We are slightly obsessed with her, to say the least! 

Now, about that move to Iowa! Zach was offered a job with a town about 40 minutes outside of Des Moines. After a lah hot of discussion we decided we would take a chance and move our little family back to what my husband calls "God's Country". We are currently living with his parents in Des Moines. Why these people have agreed to take in two adults, a new baby and 3 CRAZY dogs is beyond me, but we are extremely grateful! They do, however, enjoy lots of time with Kyler, which I think (hope) makes it more tolerable! =)



Since being out here in "God's Country" (God's steamroom), I have been able to get back to see my family and friends in Colorado twice! Yep, not only did we move a 3 week old across the country, but she has been racking up some frequent flier (and car trip) miles also! We went back at the end of July so my husband could attend a bachelor party, and again two weeks later to surprise my Wife for our annual birthday extravaganza!

Here are some pics from the homeland! 
Papa Don is in love. Can you tell??
 
Grandma Susie and Ky Bug!

Kyler and her BFF, Kadence. (my best friend's daughter)


Kyler with Uncle Donny- before and after she pooped on him! What amazing timing she has! SCORE!

If you have never rented a peddalhopper, may I strongly suggest you try it?! So much fun!! Advice: bring your own jugs of booze for while you ride! It was a fantastic mess! 


When people tell you that your baby will grow up in the blink of an eye, they mean it! I mean, I guess it has only been three and a half months, but it sure flew by! One minute you are holding this wrinkly, skinny little angel, and the next you are watching this chunky little piece of heaven try to roll, grab her toys, giggle, try to sit up... AH! Everyday is so exciting! 


This was 2 days before she was 2 months old. I will get better at monthly pictures!


I can't wait to continue watching her learn and grow! She is amazing!

I have never been so excited for fall! Iowa is HOT and humid! I hear fall is beautiful here. I am looking forward to boots and sweaters, and saying goodbye to swamp ass! Whew! 


Getting ready for some small-town football fun in Van Meter (Zach's home town).



I think that kind of catches us up. Here's to hoping I get better at this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment