Saturday, July 12, 2014

These are the days...

Our sweet Tinley is just over 6 weeks old, and we are settling into our life as a family of four. I won't say it has been easy, but we couldn't imagine life without her!








She has grown and changed so much in these 6 weeks. I am quickly reminded of how fast they grow. It's crazy to think that just a year ago Kyler was this age. The days drag on, but the years fly by.

Speaking of Miss Kyler, she is still adjusting to life as a big sister. I think she sees Tinley as another toy to play with toss around. She is amused with her- especially when she is making noise. If I have Tinley asleep in another room and Kyler hears her grunting or making sleepy baby noises, she will go looking for her. This proves to be extremely disruptive for Tinley's naps, but equally cute. What can ya do? 





Being a second time parent is much like the first. Even if you have done this before, each baby is different. And let's be honest- you forget most of the newborn phase due to lack of sleep anyway. The first couple weeks it all comes rushing back and smacks you in the face just as hard as it did the first time. I have learned that the key to parenting two children (especially a 13 month old and a 1 month old) is organization. On days I have planned ahead for the day (ie: filled sippy cups, cleaned bottles, packed diaper bag, cut Kyler's fruit, etc) the day runs much more smooth than on the days I try to wing it. If I am going to be honest, and I am, I still wing it most of the time. I am sure once Tinley is a bit more predictable I will be able to get my shit together... We can hope. 

Tinley has been different from Ky in that she is pretty colicky in the late evening and into the night. Most nights she fusses from around 8pm to midnight or even 1 am. After that she sleeps well for the rest of the night/morning. On top of Tinley's madness, Kyler spent the last month cutting all 4 of her one year molars. They are finally through, and Tinley's fussy periods seem to be getting shorter (most days). Hopefully the Egglestons will soon be emerging from the baby fog! Hope to see you on the other side! 




Oh, and Ky wears pigtails now. Pretty much the cutest thing you've ever seen, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment