Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Diet!

A Healthy New Year... For Ky Bug!

Psssshhh I am pregnant! There will be no diet for this girl! I am helping my brother-in-law lose weight, so there will be lots of lean meat and veggies to cook in the coming months, but I might sneak off to eat a 6 pound Chipotle burrito OR eat a handful of Hershey's Kisses with almonds (like I just did). 
 
Craaaaaap!
Kyler is such a princess when it comes to eating! She is uber dramatic when she doesn't love what she is eating. She will tolerate a handful of foods, but if I fed her avocado for every meal she would be a happy girl! She eats spits solids 3 times a day these days. 


I went a bit nuts with the baby bullet this past week and pureed about 9 pounds of fruits and veggies for Ky. The picture above only shows about half of them. I am not sure I will make it through all of it before it has been in the freezer too long. Oh well, lesson learned. I will admit that they are mostly fruit, as that is all Kyler will eat. My pediatrician would be shaking his head in shame if he knew this, but I basically feed her what she doesn't gag on and spit at me. I fully intend to choose my battles with this kid, but this is one I can't fight. 


This week I made carrots, watermelon (first time, and it was kind of a disaster), peaches, pears and avocado (duh). I puree them, freeze them in ice cube trays and bag them. That way, I can pull them out, defrost and feed the munchkin. Sometimes I mix a fruit with her rice cereal to thicken it up, and sometimes I mix them together to experiment. 

Here are some combos I have tried for Kyler. They have about a 10% success rate! 

Mangos and a prayer
Pears and begging 
Peas and 20 minutes of failed airplane spoon game
Apples and pulling your own hair out

Try these if you have a picky eater like we do. BAH! I am hoping this gets easier as she gets older. We tried some Gerber puffs the other day and she gagged and threw up all of her avocado and bottle, while simultaneously giving my poor husband a heart attack. We will give it a few more weeks before we try those again.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment