Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Steak Sandwiches and Messy Hair!

Have you ever seen that commercial with all of the babies right after they wake up? They all have sleepy eyes and crazy, amazing bed head? Aaaahhh! I love it! Anyway, I have been patiently waiting for the day that Kyler wakes up with serious bed head. I have definitely seen more intense cases of bed head, but this one was adorable and my absolute favorite that I have ever seen! 







I am going to admit that I have no idea how people with more than one child find the time to cook (or eat, shower, clean, breath...). I find the idea of planning a meal quite daunting these days. Hopefully part of that is the pregnancy blahs, and I will snap out of it once this little girl is born! 

I have been trying to think of really easy recipes lately that take little preparation or time to cook. This is one my mom has been making for years (I might not make it exactly like she does- she kicks my ass in the cooking department). 

Easy Peasy Steak Sandwiches

Ingredients: 
Steak (I buy sirloin- the amount depends on how many people you are cooking for)
Banana Peppers (as hot or mild as you like)
Onions
Hoagies (or french rolls, or steak rolls, or whichever sandwich roll you like) 
Provolone cheese


Preparation
  1. Use a meat mallet to beat the steak so it is thinner and more tender
  2. Cut it into strips (I use scissors to do this)
  3. Cut onion into rings
  4. Put steak strips, onion and banana peppers into a skillet and pour banana pepper juice into skillet. 
  5. Cover and cook on medium high heat until steak strips brown. 
  6. Turn heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. 
  7. Toast sandwich rolls with provolone cheese on them (I just put mine in the oven and cook for a few minutes) 
  8. Slap some of the steak mixture on your rolls and call it GOOD!
 








YUMMMMMYYYYYYY!

1 comment:

  1. And now I'm hungry... looks delish! And I LOVE Ky's hair... so so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete